Digital Product Creation is perhaps the fashion industry’s most widely-discussed technology topic – both as a result of the catalysing effect of the COVID pandemic, and because it captures so many different components of what it means to design, develop, and make apparel, footwear, and accessories in and for a digital-native world.
Working in partnership, Kalypso, The Interline, and the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Center for Education and Research in Retail set out to benchmark digital product creation (DPC) maturity industry-wide in a far-reaching, global survey in late 2020.
Almost every company we surveyed designed and developed apparel; many also created or sourced accessories, equipment, and footwear; around a quarter traded in hardlines and home goods, too. And the answers we received came from a broad distribution of job roles, from executive and operational functions, to product development, IT, and merchandising.
We have already published a breakdown of the key findings from the survey, but those findings also sparked an hour-long briefing and panel discussion, which took place in early December of last year. That session was fully booked in a matter of days, and until now only a select audience has seen the insights, interactive conversations, and Q&A that the survey gave rise to.
Now that session is being made available for replay. It includes:
- A full briefing of the key findings of the survey.
- Perspectives from the Director of Kalypso’s retail practice and the Editor of The Interline.
- Panel discussion with representatives from PVH America, Salomon, and The Fashion Innovation Agency.
Every panel members lends their own unique take to the survey findings, adding an additional layer of industry insight to build the most complete picture of how 3D and DPC strategies are progressing.
To view the replay of this session, please input your details below, to join our Interline Insiders mailing list, and the recorded version will appear. Interline Insiders receive our weekly news roundups by email every Friday, and future webinars and workshops will be advertised to Interline Insiders first, with places reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is a full archived recording of the webinar, which runs to one hour. It can be played as an embedded video, or downloaded using the button at the bottom-right of the player, as a 100mb MP4 file.
Interested in either establishing or scaling your own 3D and digital product creation strategy?
- Visit the Kalypso retail page to download the full findings from the 2020 Digital Product Creation Maturity Survey, and to see how your digital transformation stacks up against the industry average.
- Explore The Interline’s archive of 3D and DPC material here.
- Read the editorial summary of the survey findings here.