Austin, TX, August 18, 2022 – ClothingTech today announced the release of its groundbreaking 3D CAD tool – the Garment Digital Twin™ (GDT). Representing the first 3D CAD tool created specifically for the fashion industry, this unique solution is designed to automatically read existing patterns and tech packs then convert them into a 3D design. Those designs can then be quickly and easily edited, shared and exported as new patterns and tech packs showcasing reimagined, updated looks. Since the GDT is the definition of the product, a tech pack of the new creation will automatically be generated and prepared for export.
“I’ve been creating technology for the automobile and various other industries for 40 years,” said Bill Wilcox, ClothingTech CEO. “When I recognized the enormous potential that 3D CAD tools could have on the fashion world, I knew we had to tackle it. For us, the Garment Digital Twin is just the beginning.”
Wilcox explained that the GDT builds on something truly special while keeping their users in mind. “Fashion designers are highly creative, but – for some – adopting technology can be challenging. We endeavored to make this tool as easy to use as possible. You can literally transform a garment type from a t-shirt to a polo-style shirt in seconds with a few clicks of the mouse.”
The Garment Digital Twin is in a league of its own in the fashion industry. Exclusive features of the revolutionary 3D CAD workspace include:
- The capability for users to design and iterate in 3D without concern for the pattern – this tool creates the pattern for them
- Fabric library with nearly 100 fabrics tested and ready to use
- User Defined Finishes (UDF) library to store types of reusable finishes, such as collars, zippers, pockets and more
- Automatic 3D block creation to take a 2D pattern to a 3D design in a matter of seconds – with no need for pattern-making skills
- Automatic sewing and piece placement to eliminate time-consuming pattern stitching and piece placement
- Automated and parametric grading to use avatar size sets to grade patterns automatically based on avatar shape
- Export capabilities that can be used cooperatively with other 3D system processes
Other features include an avatar library, tension maps, animation and more. Wilcox added, “While the GDT is robust, it is simple to adopt into any design house, enabling endless possibilities for design and development. For instance, a designer can use a vintage pattern as their foundation and transform it into something completely new and original.”
To request a demo, ClothingTech invites individual designers and design houses to contact its VP of Global Sales and Marketing, Enrico Zamarra at email@example.com. For more information about the Garment Digital Twin and its capabilities, visit www.clothingtech.com and click “Book a Demo”.
About ClothingTech: Leading the way in fashion design software, ClothingTech is innovating and creating seamless 3D software solutions for technical design. The company’s suite of solutions allows apparel designers to move from concept sketch to production without slowing down the process by awaiting input from technical designers and manufacturers. With tools that enable real-time garment design, ClothingTech works smarter to bring fashion to life.